Kullanıcı avatarı
Gariban
Moderatör
Moderatör
Mesajlar: 2834
Kayıt: 25 Tem 2007, 02:00

Carrying Past With You

Mesaj gönderen Gariban »

Your Journey will be much lighter and easier if you don't carry your past with you:

Learning from your past mistakes is good for your journey, but crying for your mistakes, feeling sorry for your past constantly and feeling hopeless will prevent one from journeying and looking further. In some cases, saying "I wish" means to go against the destiny. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) banned the use of the phrase "I wish" for some circumstances because of this. There are examples for these circumstances e.g. In the Qur'an : "No kind of calamity can occur, except by the leave of Allah: and if any one believes in Allah, (Allah) guides his heart (aright): for Allah knows all things."
In this situation if one is tested with something he dislikes e.g. losing his job or money or another thing he is bound to in this life, and if he dislikes the current situation and can not show patience to his current state by constantly saying some things like " I wish this had not happen, I wish I had not been there at that time. It would not be like this If I had done such and such ", this drags the person in to rebellion and the person does not become happy for his current condition which may have been given to him as a cure for his illnesses in his heart. There are some mothers accusing themselves for the death of their children for the rest of their lives, or people who punish themselves by never driving for the rest of their lives because of an accident they caused. Last day I was talking with an old friend, he said to me " I went to a mosque 35 years ago in our hometown and the priest (imam) was preaching badly and saying to the people in the mosque , 'you are coming here from Eid day to Eid day and what use is it, it is better you would not come at all, as your prayers would not be accepted by Allah. Upon hearing this I've never gone to the mosque again". In this situation , the speech of the priest was totally wrong and not acceptable in Islam, and my friend's decision about not to go to the mosque again by remembering this incident continuously was also totally wrong. Time, mind and health are some of the most important things which are not to be wasted!. Allah knows best.
As Salam and Love
garibAN
Resim
Cevapla

“►Islam General◄” sayfasına dön