WE are MAD(DIWÂNÂ [2])
WE are Moths(PÂRWÂNÂ)
WE are Seven- way
Towards every side

ZAWK 4350

Let them call “Crazy (Diwana)”!
Those who drink the Vine of Love
(ashk)
“Don’t upset! Don’t be upset! Love! Be Loved!
You are the beloved one for those who are choosing
My Caravan Dog
(KıTmîr [3]) is howling!
Your yearning to seven ways,
To those leaving trail in the future,
To those who passed Before WE!..

Kul Ihvani
20.02.11 16:22
In the rainbow…

GLOSSARY:

[1] Haji Osman Baba(k.s): He was a Qadiri Sheikh who had a link with Malami Shaikh Ahmad Quddusi Baba(k.s) in 'Bor' province of Nigde in Turkey. He worked as a shepherd in the mountains of Nigde for 40 years. Not much knowledge known about his life except Kul Ihvani's memoirs explained in http://www.muhammedinur.com. Kul Ihvani's uncle entrusted Kul Ihvani to Haji Osman Baba after he passed away in 1970's. He was so sensitive about Rasulullah SAWS and Ahl-i Bayt-i Mustapha (a.s). Whenever they were mentioned, he wouldn't be able to stop shedding tears from his eyes.
Haji Osman Baba was explaining to Kul Ihvani once:
“One day in past, I put the sheeps in sheepfold and came to the village to eat my meal. While I was walking towards the villiage, I saw some bigmouthed old men sitting somewhere and talking out of place and offensive things about Rasulullah Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam without having anyknowledge.
As I am the crazy Darwish and bewildered Lover of these mountains, the things they said touched me as well!..I resented and leaned on my staff then put my hand on my ear and started reciting to them poetically what was coming in to my heart:
“He brought the Qur'an for us , is this a lie as well? He did this, he did that , are these all a lie ? etc.”
I gave them a good scolding and praised Rasulullah Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam..

On that night, the flock went sleeping in the mountain.
I tied my arm to a ram just incase a wolf comes and attacks the flock, the ram would escape and wake me up by dragging me.
I went to sleep but a white bearded tall man appeared in my dream and started to beat me so bad that my own crying woke me up!
I went to sleep after a little while then I got beaten by him again.
The sun had risen and I put the flock in the sheepfold then went sleeping and I got beaten by the same man again. In this way, I had two sleepless days by getting beaten. Sleeplessness had really bothered me. I could not resist any more, and on the third day I asked:" O Sir, why do you keep beating me?"
The old man having illuminated sacred face : "Son, I am Haji Abdullah of Bukhara! I have a place beside Baş Çeşme in Aksaray. Come there and you will find!" he said and did not beat me.
A day after , I went to Aksaray.
I found Baş Çeşme on the street of Zafer. I asked his place and they showed me.
I've found Haji Abdullah Efendi(k.s) of Bukhara.
He was the man beating me in my dream.
When he saw me: "My son Osman, those doublefaced(munafiq) men were mocking Rasulullah SAWS. And you went towards them and kept saying "Rasulullah SAWS did this, did that, is that a lie?" They were not reciting Salawat to Rasulullah SAWS while you were saying these things to them. But you were continueing with a Muhammadi effort!
That is why, you got beaten!
Your migration time to Aksaray has come!" he said.
I went back to my villiage and sold everything and bought the garden beside Haci Abdullah Efendi's place. I've been a neighbour to him. Our current house and dargah is located in this garden as you know. In this way I had moved to Aksaray and now we came to these days like that my Abdullatif(Kul Ihvani)!” he said by crying..

I used to think and be amazed with the deep hearing and sensing and Divine LOVE within him which was like the whistling of the oak trees by the wind in the mountains. He was like a self-sown wild plant , he was natural and he had a burning heart with a burnt(full of yearning) voice.

When the circle of Dhikr is set, the circles from inside to outside used to be formed. The hands used to be locked to each other . When the "La ilaha illa Allah(Tawhid)" pulsates, the Lovers(Ashikan) wail by leaning towards right and left like the growing grain. Haji Osman Efendi (k.s) used to be in the central space of the circle. He used to join his hands by twisting them from his elbows towards the front, and when he used to walk towards someone in the circle, a burning fire used to fall there and an outcry(lamentation due to the love of God) used to rise to the heavens..
At the end of the Dhikrullah lasting hours, in his own way which is peculiar to him, he used to say to our Lord(RaBB Taala): "O Lord(Ya Rabbana) forgive US!"..[ Memoirs of Kul Ihvani, Friends of God in my spiritual heaven]

[2] Diwana: Mad. Crazy. Lunatic. A human being has two choices, he either becomes slave to his desires or becomes slave to God. Those who become slave to their desires can not understand the faith and Love within those who are Lovers of God then they call them "crazy, mad, lunatic or Diwana" they say. So Diwana is used in that context here. They used to call Rasulullah SAWS, 'majnun' as well.

[3] KıTmîr: Kitmir is the name of the dog of People of the Cave(Ashab-i Kahf) mentioned in the Surah al-Kahf in the Qur'an. This is the spiritual title given to Kul Ihvani who regards himself as the KiTmir of the Caravan of Rasulullah SAWS journeying in the Desert.

TURKISH ORIGINAL of the ZAWK:

ALN-ın MüHüRü
AŞK
-tan ÖtüRü
Hacı Osman BaBam
ZamAN
-lar HÜR-ü

Resim

DİVÂNÂ-yıZ
PÂRVÂNÂ
-yıZ
YeDi YÖN