meryemnur
Özel Üye
Özel Üye
Mesajlar: 943
Kayıt: 20 Şub 2009, 02:00

The Hunter Learns Compassion from the Fawn

Mesaj gönderen meryemnur »

The Hunter Learns Compassion from the Fawn

My love you, my grandchildren, my sons and daughters, my brothers and sisters. Have you ever seen a baby deer? Let me tell you a story about a fawn and its mother. Please listen carefully. This story will show you the difference between the awareness of animals.

Once there was a man who liked to go hunting. He would go into the forest carrying a gun or a bow and arrow, and he would shoot deer, elk, and other animals. Like most hunters he enjoyed eating all the animals he killed, but he found deer meat especially tasty.

Now this man had been hunting, killing, and eating like this for most of his life. Then one day he came upon a deer giving milk to her fawn. This made him happy because he was tired, and he knew that the deer could not run away while her baby was nursing. So he shot her. But before dying, the deer cried, “O man, you have shot me. So go ahead and eat me, but do not harm my child! Let it live and go free!”

“I understand what you are asking,”
the hunter replied,“but I plan to take your child home, raise it and make it nice and fat. Then one day it too will become meat for me to eat.”
The little fawn heard this and said, “O man, are such thoughts acceptable to God?”

The hunter laughed. “God created animals for men to kill and eat.”

“O man you are right. God did create some beings so that others could eat them. But what about you? If there is a law like that for us, then perhaps there is also such a law for you. Think about it. There is only one person ready to eat me, but there are so many eagerly waiting eat to you. Don’t you know that? Someday in the very presence of God Himself, grubs, worms, the tiny insects of hell, and even the earth itself will be quite happy to devour you. You who are a human being must think about this. When we deer are killed, we are eaten right away, but when you die you will be consumed in hell in so many rebirths.

“O man, God created me and He created you. You are a man. God created you from earth, fire, water, air and ether. I am an animal, but God created me from these same elements. You walk on two legs, I walk on four. Even though our skin and color are different, our flesh is the same. Think about the many ways in which we are alike.

“If someone had killed your mother while you were nursing, how would you feel? Most men would feel sorry if they killed a deer with her fawn. They would cry, ‘O I didn’t know!” But you don’t seem to have any compassion. You are a murderer. You have killed so many lives, but you never stop to think how sad you would be if someone killed your mother. Instead you are happy to kill not only my mother, but you also want to kill me and eat me. Since you are a human being, you should think about this. Even the cruelest and most demonic of beasts would stop to think about what I have said.

“Can’t you understand the sadness of a child whose mother has just been killed? What you said to my mother and to me is terrible and has caused me great pain. O man, you have neither God’s compassion nor human compassion. You not even have a human conscience. All your life you have been drinking the blood and eating the flesh of animals without realizing what you have been doing. You love flesh and enjoy murder. If you had a conscience or any sense of justice, if you were born as a true human being, you would think about this. God is looking at me and at you. Tomorrow His justice and His truth will inquire into this. You must realize this.

“Even though you are a man, your thoughts are much worse than those of four-legged animals. Do not think you are a human being. We certainly don’t think so. You have the face of a man, but to us you are worse than a demon or the most dangerous beast in the jungle. When we look at you, we are afraid. But when we see a true human being, we have no fear. We might even walk right up to him, because we are like small children who embrace everyone as readily as they embrace their own mother.

“O man I am only a baby. If I lie down by mistake on a poisonous snake, it will not hurt me. Or if I accidentally step on a snake , it still won’t hurt me, because it realizes that I am young. Even insects know I am small and will not sting me.

“So how can you do this, O man? You who have born as a human being must consider your actions. It is teribble to keep me as a pet only to eat me later. Every day when you fed me, I would be thinking, ‘I might be eaten tomorrow.’ This would torture me constantly. Day by day, my weight, my happiness, and my life would decrease. In the end all that would be left of me would be skin and bones. I would be too sad to live, so just kill me and eat me right now.

“It is better to eat me at the same time you eat my mother. If you kill me now, before I experience that sorrow, at least you can enjoy the innocent , happy flesh that has drunk its mother’s milk. Later I will have no flesh. Do not make me suffer any longer. Kill me now, so that I will suffer for only one day. I am too sad to talk about it any more.”

“Little fawn, everything you have said is true, ”the hunter admitted. Then he gently picked up the body of the mother and led the baby deer home.

That night he told the other hunters what the baby deer had taught him.

All who heard the storry cried. “So often we have eaten deer meat, but now that you have told us this, we see the karma that has come to us through the food we enjoyed. Our bodies are in a state of turmoil. We realize now that we have no compassion or wisdom.” And they all decided to stop eating such food.

“Let the baby deer go,” one man said.
“No give me the deer,” said another.I will raise it until it grows up and then I will set it free.”

But the hunter decided to raise the fawn by himself. And over the years that deer showed him more love than his own children did. “This gentle being is capable of more love and gratitude than a human being,” the man thought. “It kisses and licks me and makes contented sounds when I feed it. And it even sleeps at my feet.”So the years passed until the deer was fully grown. Then one day the man took it into the forest and set it free.

My children, each of us must be aware of everything we do. All young animals have love and compassion. And if we remember that every creation was young once, we will never kill another live. We will not harm or attack any living creature.

My children and grandchildren, think about this. If we think and act with wisdom, it will be very good for our lives. My love you.

M.R. Bawa Muhaiyaddeen (k.s)

-----------

Source: Bawa Muhaiyaddeen(k.s) , “Come to the Secret Garden: Sufi Tales of Wisdom”

karma (T) : The inherited qualities formed at the time of conception; the qualities of the essences of the five elements; the qualities of the mind and desire.

SOME RELATED VERSES FROM THE QUR’AN:

"İnnellezine keferu bi ayatina sevfe nuslihim nara küllema nedicet cüludühüm beddelnahüm cüluden ğayraha li yezukul azab innellahe kane azizen hakima: Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise. [Qur'an An-Nisa (Women) (4/56)]

"Ve ma min dabbetin fil erdi ve la tairiy yetiyru bi cenahayhi illa ümemün emsalüküm ma ferratna fil kitabi min şey'in sümme ila rabbihim yuhşerun : There is not an animal (that lives) on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but (forms part of) communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they (all) shall be gathered to their Lord in the end. [Qur'an Al-Anaam ( Cattle, Livestock) (6/38)]

"Yevme nekulu li cehenneme helimtele'ti ve tekulu hel mim mezid: One Day We will ask Hell, "Art thou filled to the full?" It will say, "Are there any more (to come)?" [Qur'an The Letter Qaf) (50/30)]

----------

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said:

ـ1ـ عن أبى هريرة رَضِىَ اللّهُ عَنْهُ قال: ]قال رسول اللّهِ #: بَيْنَمَا رَجُلٌ يَمْشى بِطَرِيقٍ اشْتَدَّ عَلَيْهِ الْعَطَشُ فَوَجَدَ بِئْراً فَنَزَلَ فِيهَا فَشرِبَ ثُمَّ خَرَجَ وَإذَا كَلْبٌ يَلْهَثُ يَأكُلُ الثَّرَى مِنَ الْعَطَش. فقَالَ الرَّجُلُ: لَقَدْ بَلَغَ هذَا الْكَلْبُ مِنَ الْعَطَشِ مِثْلَ الَّذِى كانَ بَلَغَ مِنِّى فَنَزَلَ الْبِئْرَ فَمَ‘َ خُفَّهُ مَاءً ثُمَّ أمْسَكَهُ بِفيهِ حَتَّى رَقِىَ فسَقَى الكَلْبَ فَشَكَرَ اللّهُ تَعالى لَهُ فَغَفَرَ لَهُ. قَالُوا يَا رسُولَ اللّهِ وَإنَّ لَنَا في الْبَهَائِمِ أجْراً؟ قالَ: في كُلِّ كَبِدٍ رَطْبَةٍ أجْرٌ[. أخرجه الثثة وأبو داود .

"While a man was walking on a road. he became very thirsty. Then he came across a well, got down into it, drank (of its water) and then came out. Meanwhile he saw a dog panting and licking mud because of excessive thirst. The man said to himself "This dog is suffering from the same state of thirst as I did." So he went down the well (again) and filled his shoe (with water) and held it in his mouth and watered the dog. Allah thanked him for that deed and forgave him." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! Is there a reward for us in serving the animals?" He said, "(Yes) There is a reward for serving any animate (living being) ." [Volume 8, Book 73, Number 38:]

ـ3ـ وعن ابن عمر رَضِىَ اللّهُ عَنْهُما قال: ]قال رَسول اللّهِ #: دَخَلَتِ امْرَأة النَّارَ في هِرَّةٍ رَبَطَتْهَا فَلَمْ تُطْعِمْهَا ولَمْ تَدَعْهَا تَأْكُلُ مِنْ خَشَاشِ ا‘رْضِ[. أخرجه الشيخان.»خَشَاشُ ا‘رْضِ« هَوَامُّهَا وَحشراتها .

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "A prostitute was forgiven by Allah, because, passing by a panting dog near a well and seeing that the dog was about to die of thirst, she took off her shoe, and tying it with her head-cover she drew out some water for it. So, Allah forgave her because of that."[Bukhari 4:538]

ـ3ـ وعن ابن عمر رَضِىَ اللّهُ عَنْهُما قال: ]قال رَسول اللّهِ #: دَخَلَتِ امْرَأة النَّارَ في هِرَّةٍ رَبَطَتْهَا فَلَمْ تُطْعِمْهَا ولَمْ تَدَعْهَا تَأْكُلُ مِنْ خَشَاشِ ا‘رْضِ[. أخرجه الشيخان.»خَشَاشُ ا‘رْضِ« هَوَامُّهَا وَحشراتها .
Narated By 'Abdullah bin 'Umar : Allah's Apostle said, "A lady was punished because of a cat which she had imprisoned till it died. She entered the (Hell) Fire because of it, for she neither gave it food nor water as she had imprisoned it, nor set it free to eat from the vermin of the earth." [Bukhari Vol.4, Book 56, #689]

بِسْمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمـَنِ الرَّحِيم

O Peygamber, inananlara kendi canlarından daha yakındır..…

Ahzâb Sûresi, 6
Cevapla

“►Bawa Muhaiyaddeen◄” sayfasına dön